Internet credit card fraud prevention?
Question by bluesky: Internet credit card fraud prevention?
I am setting up an online business. I am going to sell downloadable products that allow customers to receive merchandises as soon as they provide the necessary credit card information. It won’t take long for a transaction to be completed. It, therefore, won’t leave me any chance to apply fraud prevention methods such as matching billing address to ship-to address, address verification, IP address check etc…I was advised to ask for the Card Verification number along with the credit card number but I am just not sure if a hacker could obtain that info (CVV2, CVC2) from the credit card companies database. It looks like nothing is impossible for hightech crooks for I have seen a long list of credit card info posted in some forum so that anyone could use it to conduct fraud.
Could someone give me some advices on how to prevent internet credit card fraud. I need your expertise please. Thank you
Answer by fender_diana
Why don’t you leave that problem to a company like Paypal? They can do all that for you and you wont have to worry about that.
Know better? Leave your own answer in the comments!
- I have been scammed by an internet fraud, can anyone advise me what to do?
- internet and shopping card such as Master card or Visa?
- how do i find who is using my ID/credit card # to purchase online memberships and items over the internet?
- In what ways can your credit card details get stolen from Amazon?
- How can I find out what internet addresses a computer has visited?