Dell Credit Card: Does “Error” = Declined?
Question by yaybrittany: Dell Credit Card: Does “Error” = Declined?
I want to buy a Dell notebook and I wanted to finance this using a Dell credit card. I applied for one on the website yesterday and was told that there had been an error and that I should try again later, use a different payment method, or contact a representative. I decided to try again later. I tried today and got the same “error” message.
Have I been rejected for the card and they’re just trying to be polite in some way or is it really, truly an error?
I wasn’t sure what number to call for Dell to ask them, so I thought maybe someone else would know. I just checked my credit report from Equifax and I have no black marks. I always make payments by the deadlines on cards I do have so as far as I know, I have good credit. The only thing that might negatively affect the application is that I am a 19 year old student (but I don’t have any educational loans).
I use Firefox so I’m not sure if that would have anything to do with it if it is an actual error, but I don’t trust IE…
Answer by C K
It could be Firefox. Some websites doen’t work properly when using something other than IE.
But I still use Firefox and open IE as needed.
Give your answer to this question below!
- dell inspiron 530s video card ugrade? (need expert advice)?
- I keep getting a Grub error 21?
- Returning notebook to dell because I can’t pay it anymore need advice.?
- Where is Dell Head Office in Canada? They are reporting debt on my credit report for a system I returned?
- Q&A: Will a proxy prevent you from being blocked on websites that give you an error saying this is only accessable?