Can a wifi network owner get my credit card #?
Question by gutterflower.: Can a wifi network owner get my credit card #?
There are a few unsecured networks around my neighborhood. And I am nervous that whoever “owns” them can access everything i type, including my credit card numbers and login to numerous things.
Any insight or advice?
Answer by AJ
Are you connecting to these unsecured networks to gain internet access?
If you are not, then no. That is like being afraid that the local radio station can get your credit card number because their radio waves penetrate your house.
EDIT: Only enter your CC# into encrypted web pages. If you are using your own wireless connection, also make sure that you use WPA encryption on your router.
Know better? Leave your own answer in the comments!
- Q&A: How to remove a credit card from iTunes?
- PSN DOWN UPDATE! – Hacked Credit Card information! – Playstation Network Maintenance Error 80710a06
- Q&A: This als co. or whatever it is has also charged my card. I only have my credit card # at 2 online sellers?
- Q&A: Personal computer network security question?
- Q&A: just purchased Dr.antispy commercial version, paid online with credit card, should I inform my credit card co?